Your products can get reviews from customers. Products with reviews:
- take first place in search results and get into the Google and Yandex shopping section;
- attract attention, and customers are more likely to click on such products' PDPs;
- increase loyalty: more than half of customers place an additional order during one week;
- contain additional information, such as photos, and help customers make a choice among offers;
- are added to the cart up to 160% more often according to Ozon data.
Working with reviews #
- If the customer leaves a negative review, remedy this situation as soon as possible. Responsiveness will restore trust and show other customers that you are a reliable seller.
- Collect at least 5 product reviews. Ozon has a special tool for this: “Reviews for points”, which motivates customers to share their impressions.
- If you are already using the “Reviews for points” tool, download and analyze review collection reports. Reviews not only increase product sales and attractiveness, but also help to find the strengths and weaknesses of your products and service.
Reviews for points #
We can collect customer reviews for your product for points. How it works:
- You set up review collection for a product: launch an automatic promotion or create it manually. Products with less than 10 reviews get into the automatic one: the list is formed and updated automatically. At launch, we’ll show you the budget and the number of reviews you can get. By creating promotions manually, you create a product list for which you need to collect reviews, their number, and promotion terms.
- Every 24 hours, a certain number of customers who have already received the product become promotion participants.
- Promotion participant will get a push notification in the mobile app or an email with a reminder that today they can get points for a review.
- On the site or in the mobile app, the customer who became a promotion participant sees promotional materials—banners and badges—with information about the product participation in the promotion. There are all products awaiting review for points and the promotion terms on the personal account page in the Отзывы и вопросы о товарах → Акция «Баллы за отзывы» (Reviews and questions about products → “Points for reviews” promotion) section.
If a customer leaves a review for a product, they get points that can be spent on other purchases on Ozon. The number of points depends on the review content.
You set the rate for each review type yourself. Default values:
- for a text review: 150 points;
- for a review with a photo: 200 points;
- for a review with a video: 200 points.
The review is moderated. If it doesn’t comply with the rules, we can remove it from publication.
After the review is published, you pay the points paid to the customer: 1 point = 1 ruble, and the Ozon commission for the service: 10% of the points amount. How the amount to be paid is calculated.
Setting up review collection #
Automatic promotions #
As soon as the products get their first 10 reviews, the number of their orders increases by an average of 36%. The system has already checked and collected your products in an automatic promotion:
- which have less than ten reviews;
- which aren’t in the “Reviews for points” campaigns set up manually.
The goal of this promotion is to increase the number of product reviews to 10. For example, for a PDP with 7 reviews, the promotion will collect 3 additional ones. And for a PDP without reviews—10.
There is only one automatic promotion. It doesn’t replace the promotions that you set up yourself, but complements them.
You can’t limit the budget or remove products from the automatic promotion. As soon as the product has 10 reviews, the system will exclude it itself. We predict the promotion budget for you before it starts: if the amount is too big, you can disable the promotion when you spend as much as you planned.
To enable the automatic promotion:
On the Promotion → Reviews for points page in the Automatic selections section, click Launch.
Specify the promotion’s start date.
Check if you are satisfied with the promotion forecast:
- number of products that will take part in it;
- conversion growth to the cart;
- approximate number of points that customers will get for reviews: it’s equal to your costs, 1 point = 1 ruble;
- number of reviews that can be received.
Click Create a promotion.
In order for the products to quickly get their first 10 reviews, we’ll set recommended rates for each of them. You won’t be able to change them. Product list in the promotion is updated automatically: when the product collects 10 reviews, we’ll remove it from the promotion and add new items without reviews to it.
When all products get ten reviews, the promotion will still be in the “Active” status, but there will be no costs for it. We advise you not to disable it right away, so you won’t forget to collect reviews for new products.
To stop the promotion, set the switch to .
Setting up promotions manually #
On the Promotion → Reviews for points page click New product list.
Fill in the promotion card:
- In the List name field, enter the name or description of product list.
- In the Date start field, select the start date of review collection.
- In the Conditions for stopping the reviews collection field, specify the necessary conditions, such as the number of reviews or the date. When the condition is met, the review collection will stop.
You can stop collecting reviews manually: on the Promotion → Reviews for points page or on the product list page next to the product name, select .
Click Select products and add PDPs to the promotion in one of the modes:
You can switch between modes of adding products: the PDPs that you’ve already included in the promotion won’t be lost. When the product list for the promotion is ready, click Complete creating promotion.
For each product, specify:
The number of customers who will become daily promotion participants depends on the number of reviews. This number will be less than the value of the formula (Number of reviews: number of reviews for points) × 1,7.
- Number of reviews: how many reviews you need to collect for the product. Once this number is reached, the review collection will stop.
Points for 1 review: points that will be accrued to the customer for a review:
- with text, but without photos or videos;
- with one or more photos;
- with one or more videos.
Minimum number of points for a review is 80. Default values:
- for a text review: 150 points;
- for a review with a photo : 200 points;
- for a review with a video: 200 points.
To specify values for multiple products:
- Select the necessary products and click Edit. To set values for all products at once, click Edit all.
- Specify the values depending on the product price. By default, recommended Ozon values are specified.
- Click Apply values.
If you’ve specified your values and want to return to the Ozon recommended ones, click Reset values to recommended → Apply values.
Review collection is set up. At the top of the page you can view information about collecting reviews:
number of products,
total number of points: the maximum number of points that can be given to customers in accordance with the settings.
Change reviews collection settings #
You can change the settings for manually created promotions at any time. To do this:
- On the Marketing → Reviews for points page click on the necessary product list.
- On its page, specify the new settings. If product reviews are poorly collected—there is an icon in its line—try increasing the number of points for a review.
New settings will take effect the next day. Reviews sent before the new settings take effect will be calculated at previous rates.
Calculate the total number of points #
For products that already have minimum rates for reviews—50, 60, 70 points—the rates will remain the same.
If you update the settings, we’ll offer minimum rates according to the new rules:
- for a text review: 80 points;
- for a review with a photo: 100 points;
- for a review with a video: 100 points.
If you specified values for a list of three products:
|Product||Number of reviews||Points for 1 review without photo||Points for 1 review with photo||Points for 1 review with video|
Total number of points for reviews will be 10 × 100 + 20 × 130 + 30 × 180 = 9000.
If you remove product from sale, or it runs out of stock, the review collection will stop.
If product reviews are poorly collected, on the Promotion → Reviews for points page the icon will appear next to the product list name.
In this case, we recommend to:
- check that the product still has customers who can evaluate it in the Potential replies column;
- check that the reward meets or exceeds the recommended rates;
- try increasing the number of points for a review.
Recommended Ozon values #
Recommended values depend on the product price.
|Product price in rubles||Desired number of reviews||Points for 1 text review||Points for 1 photo review||Points for 1 video review|
|up to 2,000||20||150||200||200|
View collected reviews #
We can generate a report for you with all the collected reviews and points paid for the products. It contains:
- review texts;
- product ratings;
- number of points spent;
- public data of customers: the customer’s name specified in their profile, if the review isn’t anonymous.
You can’t post downloaded reviews and their contents on third-party websites or other resources. They are intended only for analyzing the quality of products.
To get the report:
Go to the Promotion → Reviews for points section and click Go to reports.
Select the report period and click Generate.
If the request for generating a report:
- Was successfully created: we’ll generate a report within 1 hour.
- Wasn’t created: an error message will appear. Try generating the report again. If the error remains, contact support: Promotion. Marketing → Promotions from Ozon.
We’ll send a notification to your personal account when the report is ready. You can download it by following the link from the notification or in the Promotion → Reviews for points section. To do this, select Go to reports and click on the name of the necessary one: a file in XLS format will be downloaded.
Find out the number of points spent #
You can get statistics on products with reviews and information on the amount of points paid for:
- all product lists: in the report on collected reviews;
- specific product lists.
To get statistics on a specific product list:
Go to the Promotion → Reviews for points section, select the necessary one, and click Download analytics. We’ll generate a report within an hour and send a notification to your personal account.
Download the report by the link from the notification or in the Promotion → Reviews for points section. To do this, select Go to reports and click on the name of the necessary one: a file in XLS format will be downloaded.
The report contains:
- number of points spent on reviews for each product;
- total amount of points paid.
Calculate the amount to be paid for the points provided #
You are charged the amount for points paid to the customer (1 point = 1 ruble without VAT), the Ozon commission of 10% of the points amount, and VAT of 20% of the amount received for each product. This will be reflected in the completion report that you get 2 times a month.
Example. You’ve specified points for reviews for the product:
- without photos: 80;
- with photos: 100;
- with videos: 100.
Customers left for this product:
- 5 reviews without photos,
- 4 reviews with photos,
- 3 reviews with videos.
Amount for the service provided will be 5 × 80 (points paid for reviews without photos) + 4 × 100 (points paid for reviews with photos) + 3 × 100 (points paid for reviews with video) + Ozon commission 10% + VAT 20% = 1100 rubles (total number of points paid in rubles) + 110 rubles (10% of the points amount) + 242 rubles (20% of all points, taking into account the Ozon commission) = 1452 rubles.
You can see the expenses on the tool for the calculation period:
- in the Finances → Accruals section. Learn more about the report
- on the Finances → Daily summary page in the Services section.
We update the data daily.
When a customer may not receive points for a review #
- A review violates the rules for publishing reviews and was rejected by the moderator during verification.
- The customer left a review without a text. For example, consisting only of a rating. According to the “Points for reviews” promotion rules, the review must contain text, photo, or video.
- The customer used the «Не оценивать данный товар» (“Don’t rate this product”) feature.
If the customer contacts you with questions about the “Points for reviews” promotion via seller’s chat, advise them to write to Ozon support chat.
When contact center operators reply to a review #
If a user is dissatisfied with Ozon services, there are reputation risks, or risks of losing a customer.
Contact the user who left a review #
Ozon doesn’t transfer user data to third parties.
You can contact the customer:
- Via chat, if the customer wrote to you earlier.
- By writing a response to their review. To do this, sign up on the Ozon website as an official seller representative, specifying your email address.
Working with reviews in the Ozon Seller app #
Download the Ozon Seller app in App Store or Google Play and log in using your username and password to your personal account. In the app you can:
- view reviews;
- filter and sort them by parameters;
- reply to comments;
- set up notifications about new reviews.