From January 30 to March 1, 2024, you can launch “Cashback for getting to the top—pay per clicks” campaign to get cashback with bonuses.
Until March 16, we’ll accrue to you 30% of the product promotion cost on the top places. Learn more about the terms of the promotion (PDF)
Stencils is a product promotion tool. Using it, you can:
- increase the PDP reach by an average of 3.2 times according to Ozon data for the first half of 2023;
- show products to potential customers more often;
- highlight your products.
Promotions are displayed:
- On the search result and category pages, as well as in the promotional collections of products.
- On the third and subsequent search results pages: in the block above the search results on the website or in the Sponsor product block in the mobile app.
- On recommendation shelves:
- in PDPs;
- in the cart;
- on the order page on the website;
- after order payment;
- in reviews and questions in the app.
- On the top 4 places in the search results.
To launch a promotion on top positions in search results, create a separate stencils “Get to the Top” campaign starting January 30, 2024.
You can create a regular campaign or “Getting to the top” campaign.
|“Getting to the top” campaign
|On the pages of search results, categories, promo products selections, and on recommendation shelves
|In the first four places in the search results
|Products you can add
|Any products except ones prohibited for promotion
|The system will make the list of products available for promotion in the top positions in the search results, and will offer it when you create and set up a campaign
|Per impressions and per clicks
|Manual or via autostrategy
|Minimal daily budget
|- 550 rubles for campaigns with auto-strategy enabled;
- 1000 rubles for campaigns with manual rate management.
Launch a promotion using stencils #
If you run into debt, we’ll suspend access to promotion tools and resume it when the balance is in surplus.
Step 1. Create an advertising campaign #
Go to Promotion → Stencils section and click Create a campaign.
Come up with a campaign name that will help you navigate the list quickly.
Select the payment model:
- Per impressions: you pay for 1000 impressions.
- Per clicks: you pay for each click on the product in the selected position.
By default, we’ll enable autostategy. The rates will be set automatically. The system will take into account the competition in the category and change the rate so as to show the product to customers as often as possible within the daily budget of the campaign. If disabled, you can change the rates manually. The autostrategy isn’t available for the “Getting to the top” campaign.
How to change rate management strategy
Enable Select product category, and we’ll add up to 5000 products to the campaign by the specified category and filters. If there are more products you want to include, create a new campaign and add the remaining ones there manually.
Select a product category and set up the brand, price, warehouse type, and product status filters. Below you’ll see the number of products that’ll be added to the campaign.
If you’ve selected a category for promotion, Ozon will offer to automatically add your new products to the campaign by the selected category and filters.
- Set a daily budget:
- at least 550 rubles for campaigns with auto-strategy enabled;
- at least 1000 rubles for campaigns with manual rate management.
By default, the budget is distributed evenly.
Specify the campaign dates.
Click Launch campaign.
If you’ve enabled the auto-strategy, the campaign will launch immediately.
Step 2. Add products #
Skip this step if Select product category is enabled — products will be added to such campaigns automatically. You can edit the product list on the campaign page.
Open the campaign and select products. You’ll see products that you can add on the left and those you’ve already added on the right. You can:
- Search products by name, product ID, or Ozon ID.
- Filter them by category, brand, price, warehouse, or other parameters.
- Filter and show products that can be promoted in the first four positions of the search results stencil. To do that, use the Getting to the top filter. The products will be marked with the icon.
- Filter and show products that are not added to other campaigns. Use the Not in other campaigns filter.
- Add a list of products. To do it, click and type several articles or Ozon IDs. You can copy the list from the product report in the Products and prices → List of products section.
When the list is ready, click Add.
The campaign will be activated and your products will start participating in the auction.
To increase the number of product views:
- Don’t add products that are already being promoted in stencil campaigns, so that they don’t outbid each other.
- Merge product models on one PDP so that customers can see all the variants available in your store.
How to merge products into one PDP.
You can disable promotion at any time.
Step 3. Specify the rate #
Skip this step if auto-strategy is enabled. The system has already set product rates.
We’ll automatically set competitive rates for your products as soon as you add them to your campaign. To set your own rates, go to Promotion → Stencils and open the campaign you need to adjust. Change the rate:
- for one product: set the necessary value in the Rate column;
- for multiple products: select products, click Set a rate, and specify the rate.
|100 rubles per 1000 impressions
|from 3 rubles per 1 click
Minimal rate with pay-per-click payment model is determined by by product category and subcategory. You’ll see the current minimum rate when setting up a promotion in your personal account.
Product categories with a rate of more than 3 rubles per click
|Minimum rate in rubles
|3 - 3.5
|3 - 3.5
|3 - 3.5
|3 - 4.5
|3 - 3.5
|4 - 4.5
|3 - 4.5
|3 - 4
|3 - 3.5
|Laptops & Computers
|3 - 4
|3 - 3.5
|3 - 5
|3 - 5
|Small Domestic Appliances
|3 - 3.5
|Smartphones & Tablets
|3 - 3.5
|Sports & Recreation Products
|3 - 4
|3 - 3.5
The amounts are indicated with VAT. You can change the value at any time: after making changes, new rates will apply within 3 hours.
The Competitive rate column displays the rate with which you can get up to 50% of all possible impressions or clicks, based on the statistics of competitors' rates for the previous three days.
How to manage campaign #
Available impressions metric #
The higher the rate, the more likely the customers will see your products in the highlighted positions. This way you’ll get first impressions faster. The real rate may be lower: the system will calculate the appropriate one depending on the display position and competitors' rates. It won’t be higher than the one you’ve set.
When you set up a rate for a product, we show an indicator of available impressions for campaigns that have auto-strategy disabled. You’ll see what share of impressions the product may get at a given rate. The value is taken for all impressions in the Stencils for the last 7 days.
To find the right number of impressions for your product, move the slider on the metric scale or change the rate in the Rate per 1000 impressions column.
The icon shows the competitive rate value. It can be offset to one side or the other, depending on the actual rates of other sellers in the auction.
|Share of impressions for which the product competes
|up to 20%
|from 20 to 40%
|from 40 to 60%
|from 60 to 80%
|from 80 to 100%
Ozon won’t be able to calculate impressions if there is insufficient data. For example, if the category promotes few products or most of the impressions have the same rate.
Daily budget #
This is the maximum amount you are ready to spend on a campaign per day.
Starting February 5, 2024, the minimum daily budget for campaigns with manual rate management is 1000 rubles. We’ll activate auto-strategy for campaigns with a daily budget of less than 1000 rubles until February 29, 2024.
If the budget is overspent, Ozon will make adjustments the next day. You only pay the amount that you’ve set in the campaign. The impressions collected by the campaign will be preserved. Overspending is marked with a “-” sign in the product promotion report in the Adjustment field.
Campaigns that get fewer impressions than they could are marked with the icon. We’ll compare the performance of such campaigns with the results and expenses of competitors and suggest an optimal budget and forecast.
To view the optimal budget, hover your cursor over the daily budget value next to :
- in the Promotion → Stencils section in the Daily budget column for the necessary campaign;
- on the panel under the campaign name.
To increase your budget, click Set.
So that promotion doesn’t stop because of the fast budget consumption, enable even budget distribution during the day.
Even budget distribution #
By default, the system distributes the campaign budget evenly for 24 hours. Impressions may stop earlier if the campaign involves a lot of products or has high rates and low budget.
An even distribution doesn’t guarantee that daily budget will be spent until the last minutes of the current day. It depends on the number of products in the campaign, the rates, and the budget size. The higher your rates and lower the daily budget, the faster you’ll run out of money.
You can disable even distribution when creating a campaign or after creation in the Promotion → Stencils section:
- Open the campaign and click the daily budget.
- Disable the Distribute evenly throughout the day feature.
- Click Apply.
If you enabled the auto-strategy, you can’t disable even distribution.
Edit or disable campaign #
Open the campaign in the Promotion → Stencils section. You can:
- Rename the campaign: click next to the name.
- Disable the campaign: click .
- Change the campaign start day: click the date in the Period field.
- Change the daily budget: click the amount, specify a different value, or enable event distribution. The data will be updated within 10 minutes.
- Manage the Auto-adding option: click Add new products automatically to enable it.
- Change the rate management method: enable or disable the auto-strategy.
- Remove the product from the campaign: click opposite the product.
- Delete several products: select them and click Delete at the bottom of the screen.
- Set a general rate for products if the auto-strategy is disabled: select them and click Set rate at the bottom of the screen.
View statistics on stencils #
On the campaign page
In the Product promotion → Stencils section you can view period statistics for each product in the campaign:
Orders: the number of sales for the product participating in the promotion. Ozon includes the product in the promotion campaign if it’s purchased within 3 days after the display.
Expense: the costs of promoting this product for the selected period. The amount under the sum shows the share of costs for this product within the campaign.
Reach, %: the share of customers who saw the product out of all the audience you could reach.
Impressions: the number of product displays at all stencil positions.
Clicks: the number of clicks on the PDP.
CTR (click-through rate): the ratio of the number of clicks to the number of impressions.
You can find more details in the CSV report.
In the CSV report
You can view statistics on expenses and impressions on the panel under the campaign name or in a detailed report. To download the report:
Click Download statistics on the campaign page.
Select the period and the data grouping method: by day, week, or month.
Click Download CSV.
Click the icon. You’ll see the Completed reports section. It contains the generated reports that you’ve requested for the current day.
Click the file to download it.
Data in the report:
- SKU and product name.
- Product price. The product cost at the moment the report is generated.
- Impressions. The total number of your product impressions in search, categories, and on product description pages.
- Clicks. The total number of clicks on the PDP that participates in the promotion.
- CTR (click-through rate). The ratio of the number of clicks to the number of impressions.
- Average rate per 1000 impressions. The arithmetic mean of all the rate that you specified for this product during the report period.
- Orders. The number of products ordered by customers within 3 days after viewing the PDP of the promoted product.
- Model orders. Orders of another product variant within 3 days after viewing the advertisement. For example, a user followed a link to a size 42 dress and bought a size 44 dress.
- Revenue. The cost of all orders for a specific product in the campaign.
- Revenue from model orders. The cost of all product orders of a certain variation or model.
If you added a blue dress to the campaign at a price of 1000 rubles, and customers purchased from you 10 same dresses of another color, you’ll see “0” in the Revenue field, and 10 000 rubles in the Revenue from model orders field. To estimate how much profit each individual product made, sum the values from the Revenue and Revenue from model orders fields.
We take the price at which the customer purchased the product into account when calculating revenue. It may be lower than the price you set if the customer purchased the product under the promotion or used points to pay.
Improve the metrics #
Use video covers. Instead of the main photo, you can add a short video to the PDP. If the product has won the auction, we’ll show the video on the search results and categories pages:
- the video plays automatically if the card is at least 30% visible;
- the video plays without sound for the first 8 seconds, then the main photo is displayed.
Once uploaded, the video cover goes through moderation. It may take some time. Therefore, we recommend activating the campaign after the video cover appears in the PDP.
Learn more about uploading video covers
Use other promotion tools as well.
Keep an eye on the “Reach” metric: it shows the percentage of customers who saw your promoted products out of all the potential audience. The metric considers all cases when there was a chance to show your products to customers, and the number of real impressions. The higher the value, the more likely the customers buy the product. The metric is updated daily.
|Low score. Reach is below average.
|From 5 to 12%
|12% and above
|High score. Reach is above average.
You can view your “Reach” score:
- On the Promotion → Stencils page in the Reach, % column. The metric is calculated for all products in each campaign for the selected period. You can download the data in XLSX format.
- On the campaign management page by each product for the last 24 hours. Products inside the campaign that have a reach of less than 5% are marked with the icon.
Only for campaigns with auto-strategy disabled.
Improve the metric
Take a closer look at your PDP to understand how attractive it can be for your customers. If it’s flawed, reach values may be low.
For campaigns with low score:
- if the rates are set manually, raise the rates to get impressions faster and increase the daily budget to collect more impressions;
- if auto-strategy is enabled, increase the daily budget to get more impressions.
Disable “Getting to the top” option in regular campaigns #
If you enabled “Getting to the top” option in active pay-per-impressions campaigns created before January 30, 2024, it’ll remain active and editable until you disable or complete the campaign.
To disable the “Getting to the top” option, go to the campaign and disable Getting to the top.
Once you disable the option, the promotion data with the getting to the top won’t be displayed in the campaign. To view them, click Download statistics and generate a report.
You won’t be able to re-enable the option in regular campaigns. To launch a promotion on the first places in the search results, create the “Getting to the top” campaign with pay-per-clicks.
View statistics on products in the top in a regular campaign
On the campaign management page, in the Impressions, Clicks, and CTR columns, you can view:
Separate statistics for promotion in the first four positions in the search results. They are marked with .
General statistics on the product promotion on stencil positions, including data on the “Getting to the top” option. We’ll show it in the same columns without the label.
How to pay for a campaign #
You don’t have to replenish the budget for promotion campaigns in advance. We withdraw campaign expenses once a month. You can pay for Stencils with bonuses. You can view all expenses: