To increase sales and get more orders, you can promote your products via promotions. There are two options:
- add products to one of the promotions that Ozon holds for customers;
- launch your own promotion and determine the terms, products, and conditions by yourself.
If the product participates in promotions, it will disappear from all promotions after:
- current price update, if the new price is lower than the stock price,
- market price auto-application, if the new price is lower than the stock price,
- price update with Ozon Premium.
You can find analytics on completed promotions in your personal account in the Analytics → Promotions section. We’ll show your results on charts.
What kind of promotions are there #
Ozon regularly hold promotions for customers. We define the terms and conditions for them ourselves, you just need to add your products in the Marketing → Promotions section. They will be shown on promotion pages together with Ozon and other partners' products.
You can participate in such promotions for free, but the discounts will be at your expense. Types of promotions that you can join via personal account:
- Discount. It is set in percents and depends on the Price before discount or Current price that has been in effect for the last 30 days. Learn more about direct discounts.
- Stock discount. The mechanics are similar to the previous one, but can be calculated from the Promotional price. A few days before the start, access to such promotion is closed, but with some sellers we can agree in advance on a list and the number of products.
“Marketplace promo” global promotions #
You can promote products by adding them to the “Marketplace promo” global promotions, which Ozon regularly holds for customers.
We promote every “Marketplace Promo” promotion:
- on the Ozon website,
- in email newsletters to Ozon customers,
- in push notifications to Ozon mobile app users.
Sometimes Ozon chooses products to participate in our promotions itself. Then the discount is provided at Ozon’s expense: you will get the full price minus the commission, so your price will be displayed in your personal account and reports.
Category promos calendar
My promotions #
You can promote products by creating your own promotions: you will be able to determine the terms, assortment, and size of discounts for them yourself.
You can create promotions:
- With the usual discount. You can add any products to such a promotion and set any discount on them. If your product participates in several promotions at the same time, it will be sold at the lowest promotion price.
- With the coupon discount. A coupon is a promo code with which a customer can get a discount on a purchase.
A promotion with target audience is designed for a certain category of Ozon customers. There is an Audience tag next to such promotions' names.
You can view the list of customer categories in the promotion description in the Audience block:
How to find out in which promotions products can participate #
Open the Marketing → Promotions section and select the Available tab. You will see the list of promotions that you can join and their dates.
How to find out which promotions products are participating in #
Open the Marketing → Promotions section and select the Participating tab.
Click on the desired promotion. The page with the dates and the product list will open.
If the items from the list participate in other promotions, in the Available in other promotions column there will be:
blue icon, if the product simultaneously participates in promotions of the same level.
yellow icon, if the product simultaneously participates in promotions of different levels.
Level 1: “Discount” type promotions.
Level 2: “Coupon” type promotions.
Click on the icon to view detailed information. The “Overlap with the promotion” window opens, where in blocks:
- Promotions for this period—level 1 promotions.
- Promotions with an additional discount for this period—level 2 promotions.
- How the price will change—data on the product price:
- The “Period” column indicates the period in which the product will be sold at this price. For example, from April 30 to May 12.
- The “Duration” column indicates the promotion duration. For example, 4 days.
- The “Price” column indicates the promotional price at which the product will be sold. The price includes promotional discounts available to all customers on Ozon: “Discount” type and “With additional discount”, if it is in effect for all customers.
- The “Minimum price” column indicates the minimum possible price if a promotional discount is applied to the promotional price.
Product in several promotions #
The customer will see:
- on the product card page: stickers with all promotions;
- in the search and catalog: sticker with the most profitable promotion.
The system will calculate the total product cost automatically, depending on which level each promotion
- level 1: “Discount” type;
- level 2: “Coupons” type.
If the product participates in promotions of the same level:
- In several “Discount” type promotions, we use the lowest of the promotional prices. When one of the promotions ends, the product will be sold at the price of the current promotion.
For example, the first promotion runs from April 1 to April 15, the product price is 500 rubles. The second promotion runs from April 10 to April 20, the price is 600 rubles. Then from April 1 to April 15, the product will be sold for 500 rubles, and from April 16 to April 20, the price will rise to the price of the second promotion–600 rubles.
- In the “Bundle” and any of the level promotions, the product will be sold at a discount set for the bundle.
- For any combinations of level 2 promotions, except for the “Bundle” type, we use the lowest of the promotional prices.
If the product participates in promotions of different levels, both discounts will apply to the product. The product cost for the second promotion will be calculated from the discounted price at which the product is sold in the first promotion.
For example, the initial product price is 1000 rubles. The product participates in a “Discount” type promotion, the product price for this promotion is 900 rubles. Then the product is added to the “Coupons” promotion with a 10% discount. The product cost for this promotion is calculated from 900 rubles: 900 - 900 × 10% = 810. The total product cost will be 810 rubles.
How to find out under which promotion the product was bought #
You can find out the promotion under which the product was bought in the Orders section. To do this, open the page with the desired order and hover the cursor over the product price.
How to delete product from a promotion #
- Open the Marketing → Promotions section and select the Participating tab.
- Click on the desired promotion. The page with the dates and the product list will open.
- Select the desired products and click Delete.
Problems and solutions #
I can’t add the product to the promotion #
- You created the product less than a week ago.
- Item is out of stock or warehouse balances are 0.
- The product doesn’t fit the Ozon promotion conditions. The list of eligible products is determined automatically: If a product doesn’t fit, you can’t add it.
The product disappeared from the promotion #
- there was a market price auto-application, and the new price is lower than the promotional price;
- you changed the price manually.