You can merge products of the same model, but with different characteristics, for example: size, color, or volume. Reviews for products merged in one PDP are also merged. As a result:
- it’s more convenient for customers to choose products, and they are more likely to purchase several product variants or a package of several pieces;
- product with a large number of reviews rises in the search results;
- customers can read reviews for all product variants on one PDP. The more reviews, the more confidence they have in the product, and the higher the chance that they will add it to cart and make a further purchase.
Which products can be merged on one PDP #
You can merge variants of the same product: items of the same model, but with different characteristics, such as color, volume, size, weight.
|Phone cases of different colors.||Cases for different phone models: you can merge only cases for one phone model that differ, for example, in color.|
|Lamps of different colors.||Lamps of different designs: you can merge only several lamps of the same model on one PDP that differ, for example, by the number in the package.|
|Cat food in packages of different volumes.||Cat food with different purposes. For example, you can’t merge food for kittens and for older cats. You should collect different tastes and weights for each of these two types on one PDP.|
How variants are displayed on the PDPs:
How to merge products on one PDP when uploading #
If you fill in all the characteristics correctly, the variants will collect on one PDP. It takes about 24 hours for the system to do this in any of the loading methods.
After that, customers will be able to choose products with different characteristics: their range depends on the category.
In your personal account #
To merge products on one PDP, when uploading them:
- Add each variant as a separate product. To do this, each of them must have a unique Product ID.
If you have repeated Product IDs in your database, you can add serial numbers to them. For example,
“Askur Sun-100 T-shirt” has 42 and 44 sizes. Unique Product IDs can look like this: DSPSWW_42 and DSPSWW_44.
Specify the same value in the Merge on one PDP field for all options. Check that they completely match. If you specify “Sun-100” for one variant, and “Sun-100_2” for the other, different PDPs will be created
for these products.
Fill in the characteristics by which each variant differs.
Some examples of such characteristics:
- weight: in almost all categories;
- fragrance: in household chemicals, personal care products;
- taste: in food;
- built-in memory: in electronics;
- height, width, length: in home appliances;
- diameter: in repair products;
- number of units in one package: in many categories;
- product color: in many categories.
In an XLS file via a template #
If you have a large product range, you can add all products from one category to one file.
To do this, download and fill in the XLS template. How to upload products via template.
For each option, you need to create a separate product with a unique Product ID.
For all options, in the Merge on one PDP field, specify the same value by which the products will be merged. All products with this value will be collected on one PDP. Check that the values match. If you specify “Sun-100” for one option, and “Sun-100_2” for the other, then different PDPs will be created for these products.
Example in XLS:
№ Product ID Product name ... Russian size Merge on one PDP 1 DSPSWW_42 Askur Sun-100 T-shirt
42 Sun-100 2 DSPSWW_44 Askur Sun-100 T-shirt
Fill in the characteristics by which each variant differs. They are collected in a separate
Variants characteristics group.
How to merge existing PDPs #
Open Products and prices → Manage Inventory section.
Select the products you want to merge. They must have the same brand and category.
Click Other actions and select Merge into PDP.
If the products you want to merge have a different brand or category, select one characteristic and click Confirm → Merge products. The system will merge only the products which match the characteristic.
When the products pass moderation, we’ll update the PDPs within 24 hours.
How to fill into PDPs for different categories #
Clothes and shoes #
In clothes and shoes, the product variants always differ only in color and size. For example, you want to upload identical white and red T-shirts, sizes 42 and 44. In this case, create 4 product variants:
- white T-shirt size 42,
- white T-shirt size 44,
- green T-shirt size 42,
- green T-shirt size 44.
These product variants should have:
- different Product IDs,
- the same value in the Merge on one PDP column,
- different Russian size and/or different Color.
We don’t merge protective glasses, screen protectors and cases for smartphones, tablets, and gadgets by device model. Merging is possible:
- for cases: only by color, without specifying device models;
- for protective glasses and screen protectors: only by the frame color and the quantity in the package.
You can collect 12 different colors of iPhone cases in one PDP. To merge cases for different phone models of different colors, make combinations for each model separately.
Other categories #
To find out by what parameters the options differ, check product PDPs in this category.
To load the same shampoo with volumes of 200 and 400 ml, create 2 product variants:
- shampoo 200 ml,
- shampoo 400 ml.
Both product variants should have:
- different Product IDs,
- different Volume,
- the same value in the Merge on one PDP column.
How to fill in the product variants that differ in color #
In order for the color options to be displayed correctly on the product PDP, fill in the fields:
Product color. Select the most appropriate value from the drop-down list. For example, if the color of your product is scarlet, select the value “red”.
Color name. Enter your color name. For example, “dusty pink warm”.
In the Media tab you can add pictures' miniatures with color samples to the product PDP yourself. They will be shown instead of the standard circles in the color switch on the product PDP. With them, it will be easier for the customer to choose the right color.
You can add only one image for each product variant. It must correctly represent the product color
and match the color name specified in the Color name field.
Make sure that you have filled in everything correctly. The color switch will not work correctly if:
- the Product color field is not filled in, but the Color name is indicated and a color sample is loaded;
- there is Color name for all options except one.
How the system merges products on a PDP #
When merging products, the system takes into account two fields: Merge on one PDP and Model name.
For most categories:
- if only one field is filled in, combination is made by it;
- if both fields are filled in, combination is made by the Model name field.
|Only by Merge on one PDP field||Only by Model name field|
Beauty and health
|Antiques and vintage
Perfume water with pheromones
Perfume with pheromones
Elastic band for hair
Some categories of car products
How to edit PDPs with product variants #
You can edit the metrics of merging PDPs:
- Open the Products and prices → Manage Inventory section.
- Click → Edit product.
- Edit the characteristics that you need to merge. Mark them with the icon and describe which characteristics should be the same and which should differ in the hint.
- Click Save product.
How to separate merged products #
To separate products, enter a unique name for each model in the Model name field and clear the contents of the Merge on one PDP field. If the Merge on one PDP field is mandatory, enter a unique value for it.
How to merge products on one PDP #
If the products don’t end up on a single PDP—you’ve specified different values for them in the Merge on one card field—you can re-merge them. To do this:
If products still don’t end up on a single PDP, contact support by following this link or clicking on the message icon at the bottom of your personal account and selecting Create a request. Select the “Content / Work with the product card → Merge products” topic.