Cancellations by Ozon #
Ozon cancels orders if they violate offer terms. It’s because Ozon, being Russia’s most famous marketplace, values its reputation and maintains the quality standards that we promise to the customers.
There are the following cancellation types:
- Cancellation by Ozon, if the customer refuses to provide passport details—24 hours after order creation.
- Cancellation by Ozon, if packaging or transfer deadlines are exceeded—on the 10th day:
- Non-integrated method: seller didn’t set the shipment to “In transit” status in the personal account.
- Integrated method: carrier didn’t pass the event on the tracking number and the status didn’t change to “In transit”, or the seller has provided an untraceable track number, or sent the shipment via an “untraceable” postal channel.
- Partner delivery: carrier didn’t receive the shipment at the drop-off point and gave the shipment a status of “Not accepted at the Sorting Centre”, after that the status hasn’t been changed for 14 days.
- Cancellation by Ozon at the customer’s request, if the delivery date is more than 24 days overdue.
- Cancellation by Ozon when there’s an event on the tracking number showing the movement of the shipment back to the sender.
- Cancellation by Ozon on submission of a tracking number that’s not traceable on standard track systems on the 3rd day after request to seller.
Cancellations by customer #
The Cancellation request tool is designed to let you process order cancellation requests from customers, delivery services, or independently.
- No need to ship or deliver canceled orders.
- You can confirm the cancellation and keep the products, money, or both.
- Cancellations by customer won’t affect your ranking and won’t lead to product blocking.
Points to remember #
- Customers can cancel orders in the “Awaiting packaging” status right in their personal accounts.
- Customers can submit cancellation requests for orders with the “Shipment pending” status, and delivery services may request cancellation for orders “In shipment” status. You need to respond to the request within 3 days, otherwise the request will be approved automatically, the order will be canceled, and the money will be refunded to the customer.
How cancellations by customer work #
The customer cancels the order in their account.
You receive an order cancellation request.
You can view all your requests in the Logistics → Cancellation requests section of your profile.
You are free to either approve or decline the request. To do this:
Select the request.
Click Approve request or Decline request. When declining a request, leave a comment.
Depending on your decision, the shipment will be:
- delivered to the customer;
- canceled, and the money refunded to the customer.