Ozon will hold the “11.11” sale from November 10 to 14 and “Black Friday” from November, 25 to December, 12. Premium customers will have access to the sale earlier: for “11.11” on November 10, and for “Black Friday” on November 23.
To attract more customers to the sales, Ozon will hold a promotional campaign: we’ll invest 2 billion rubles in sales advertising.
Ozon plans to hold four sales:
- “11.11. SUPERhits” and “Black Friday. SUPERhits”: with discounts from 14% to 23% on all promotional days and maximum promotion;
- “11.11. Hits” and “Black Friday. Hits”: with a 10% to 20% discount on all promotional days and promotion, which will give products an advantage over products that aren’t in the promotion.
The minimum discount level depends on the product category. The system will determine it when you add a product to the promotion.
Which products can participate in promotions #
You can participate with any products, except alcohol, electronic cigarettes, smoking products, and 18+ products.
To join the promotion, your products must meet at least two of the following requirements:
- ≤ 10% of product complaints;
- ≤ 10% of returns, unredeemed products, and unclaimed orders;
- ≥ 3 is the average product rating.
How promotions differ #
|Switch to all products participating in the sale from the site’s and app main pages by clicking on the banner||Yes||Yes|
|Switch to products on the promotion page||Yes||Yes|
|Promotional filter in the search||Yes||Yes|
|Stocks counter on the product card||You can update stocks manually.
They will be updated automatically, provided that the product has been sold for the last 30 days
|It is not necessary to update stocks|
|Position in search and categories||Above Hits and products out of the sale||Above products outside the promotion|
|Promotion in regional search results||Yes||Yes|
How to add products to promotions #
Go to promotion list and add products to promotions.
You can add or remove products until 23:59 (Moscow time):
- on November 3 in the “11.11. SUPERhits” and “11.11. Hits” promotions;
- on November 18 in the “Black Friday. SUPERhits” and “Black Friday. Hits” promotions.
After these dates you won’t be able to add and remove products in promotions, but you can lower prices and increase stocks. Such a measure is necessary so that by the beginning of sales there were no problems with promotional products, and we had time to announce discounts on the site in advance.
What discounts to give on products #
The discount amount depends on the product category and the promotion mechanics. Ozon counts the discount amount from the product price for the last 30 days, including discounts on other promotions. For example, if the regular product price is 900 rubles, we’ll ask for a discount from this price.
For the promotional period, Ozon:
- will limit the maximum discount. You won’t be able to add products with a discount of more than 80% to the promotion;
- will check that products with a regular price of up to 10,000 RUB have a 5% discount, and products with a price over 10,000 RUB have at least a 500 RUB discount after November 3 for “11.11” and November 18 for “Black Friday”,.
If the product price doesn’t meet this rule, we’ll highlight it in red inside each promotion. You’ll be able to reduce the promotional price until November 9 for “11.11” and November 21 for “Black Friday” to keep products in the promotion.
|Cars and Motorcycles||from 21%||from 14%|
|Car Products||from 22%||from 15%|
|Accessories||from 19%||from 14%|
|Antiques and Collectibles||from 20%||from 15%|
|Pharmacy||from 22%||from 19%|
|Home Appliances||from 21%||from 18%|
|Household Chemicals and Hygiene||from 23%||from 13%|
|Children’s Products||from 20%||from 13%|
|House and Garden||from 20%||from 15%|
|Games and Consoles||from 19%||from 16%|
|Office Supplies||from 20%||from 10%|
|Books||from 23%||from 20%|
|Beauty and Health||from 23%||from 18%|
|Furniture||from 18%||from 23%|
|Music and Video||from 19%||from 13%|
|Footwear||from 22%||from 14%|
|Clothing||from 22%||from 13%|
|Food Products||from 22%||from 13%|
|Sports and Recreation||from 21%||from 15%|
|Construction and Repair||from 18%||from 13%|
|Pet Products||from 21%||from 15%|
|Tourism, Fishing, Hunting||from 21%||from 10%|
|Hobbies and Crafts||from 10%||from 7%|
|Digital Products||from 20%||from 10%|
|Electronics||from 22%||from 16%|
|Jewelry||from 20%||from 14%|
Logistics features during “11.11” and “Black Friday” #
During sales, customers choose products not only by discount, but also by the delivery speed. So you need to prepare for the promotion in advance.
Due to the scheme specifics, Ozon won’t be able to offer priorities in shipments and supplies: they only apply to Ozon’s logistics.
Shipping 7 days a week is optional. But we advise not to take non-working days during the promotional period, so that delivery will be as fast as possible.
How Ozon will promote products from promotions #
In the app and on the Ozon website we’ll:
- make a separate sale page, where will tell customers about “You Want the Sale?–You Got the Sale!” and motivate them to buy products with discounts;
- highlight the positions in the search and catalog: there will be a sticker on the cards on participation in the sale and a promotional price;
- announce a discount on the card of each promotional product 5 days before the start of the sale;
- show the balance counter on the cards on the promotional days;
- add a filter for promotional products to the site search;
- raise the products in the search and catalog during the promotions. And if you participate in the Premium or fast delivery program, products will raise even higher;
- launch TV commercials, radio ads, involve bloggers, and hang ads in large cities.
You can enhance the promotion yourself:
- Using advertising tools.
- Using the Promote promotions button. Then your products will rise above the other promotion participants' products.
Products that won’t participate in the promotions will drop in the search and catalog: it will be more difficult for customers to find them.
How to track the participation effect #
You can track it in your personal account in the Analytics section:
- by promotions: we’ll combine their schedule with the sales schedule to make it easier to track the participation effect;
- by the position of competitors in your categories;
- by the sales schedule, which will show how sales are growing.